Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Bot????...Bot????

Jack loves (three) books.
Every night I am on my own to put Jack to bed.
We have a usual routine of bath, pjs, hunt for his favorite books, then bottle in bed while we read a his favorite books.
Jack used to like any book.
Now he really has his favorites.
Every night we walk around the house literally saying:
"Where's Spot?"
Jack says "Bot?" Bot???"
as I repeat "Where's Spot?, Where's Spot?"
I giggle to myself and to my 14 month old son about how I am ironically repeating the title of the favorite book over and over again.
We look under the couch, under the bed, in the toy box...
...in the play pen, behind the couch, in the living room, in the kitchen, in the bathroom, his room, my room, under the kitchen table, repeat & etc. We pretty much act out the whole book, maybe thats why loves he the book so much?
At this point I usually give in and give Gabe a call at work asking him, "Where's Spot?" and Jack is in the background still saying "Bot?, Bot?"
I guess I should be asking "Where's the Where's Spot book?"
The reason why it is always a hunt for "Bot" is because Gabe is the one who is home most mornings with Jack. While I am at work and they read "Bot" numerous times in numerous locations around our house.
When it is time for bed the "Bot" book is never by the bedside, where I had left it the night before.

Jack's original favorite is:
He loves this book so much, sometimes it makes him more hyper reading it at bed time then relaxed.
This weekend Jack's dream came true he got to go to a real dog party.
Yes, we attended a Collie Rescue Party in Damascus, MD. Luckily it was only a few blocks away from Robert, Aline and Carolynne's house so we got to spend the afternoon all together at the picnic. Gabe's parents were nice enough to watch Jack over night while we attended a wedding and we all met up at the dog party!
Gabe's family has always had Collies. Bande passed away this spring. Tessa was adopted from Collie Rescue, Inc. shortly after. According to the evite rsvp, about 300 people attended this party with their collie dogs in tow. The dogs even got a chance to act out their natural instincts and herd real sheep.

If it wasn't obvious enough that Jack LOVES dogs, his next favorite book is from the library:
Last night after he fell asleep I put this book at the foot of his crib. We heard him this morning reading this book to himself, giggling and repeating "DOG!" over and over again. We enjoyed snoozing for a little longer while he played and "read" in his crib.

Jack can spot a dog from a mile away. In the car, on a walk, in the park, anywhere he is always quick to yell out "DOG!" usually minutes before I even can figure out where the dog is located.
He can hear like a dog too, occasionally we can hear our neighbors dogs faintly barking in the distance. Again, "DOG!"or anywhere he can hear a dog.

Jack even had a dog birthday party with a dog cake...

and his sleeps with this every night...
...just dreaming about dogs.

We should probably get his a dog...to help clean up this...


Oh wait I have a dog, Bella...
but she lives at my Mom's house.

Can you guess what Jack is going to be for halloween? Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment