Wednesday, October 26, 2011

And dog makes four...

Late afternoon scene at my house:
Thanks Dad for the pictures and watching Jack for me! 
Bella is back and stinkier then ever!
Good thing Jack's turtle pool can double as a dog bath.
Bella is back living with me and my little family of three.
My mom has been working long hours so it is easier if Bella rejoins me in my life circa 2011.
Life is a bit more exhausting now then when she joined me as a college student circa 2007, making me feel slightly pathetic as I struggle to adjust to adding a dog to our family.

Bella ran away today.
"Bellwah run away to darden(garden)!"-Jack
"Tweat Bellwah! Tweat!"-Jack trying to call for her to come back
"Where'd are'd you Bellwah dog?"-Jack

This isn't the first time she has run away and she always comes back.
She comes back VERY STINKY.
She always runs behind our house into the woods and creek and gets very dirty.
I used to get concerned but now I know she will come back, the other week when she was gone I went to the gym-Gabe might have thought my priorities were off.

Jack gets very upset when Bella runs aways and says, "I MISS HER!"
He likes to repeat the story of Bella running away to the garden, how we look for her, calling her name and how we are glad that she came back!

I was happy it was a beautiful day so I could wash Bella outside. It was so beautiful I even raked leaves! Neither jobs do I enjoy after a stressful day at work but at least it wasn't cold out. 
After a visit with Granny and Bopa, Jack and I came home exhausted. 
I put on his favorite movie:
And I failed to notice when he fell asleep a few minutes into the movie at 6pm with a dirty diaper and no dinner.
I changed his diaper as he slept, but I had to wake him up to eat. He had a second wind after his 30 minute nap. Which brings us to the next missing doggy:

Blue Doggy had been at Gabe's parents house since Sunday. Jack was surviving ok until last night when he woke up in the middle of night screaming for Blue Doggy. 


I'll just say bedtime didn't go well. Even his favorite book, The Little Engine that Could, couldn't do the trick. Gabe picked up Blue dog on his way home and put him in his crib so he will wake up to Blue Doggy back again! 


Sweet Dreams. 


No comments:

Post a Comment