Wednesday, September 5, 2012

End of summer 2012

I'm attempting to blog for the first time from my iPhone...
Summer has been winding down and tomorrow is Jack's first day at his new preschool. Due to our interesting work/school schedules one day a week Jack will be attending full day school! 9-6 yikes! I can't help but feel a little guilty about this but it's worth trying something new. Will I pull him out at 3? Will I make him stay until 6? Will I stay later at work (most likely because I already do). I have to stay at work until 3 but I usually don't leave at 3 but I could...will I nap? Will I go to the gym? Will I go to the store?
Jack is familiar with the school we have visited and walk right past it when we go on walks so he is really excited to go there and make new friends. He will finally be able to play on the playground they lock up after hours!
He will be returning 2 mornings a week to the traditional preschool he was enrolled in the spring. Then one morning a week he will be going to the bible study preschool that he has been attending since he was one.
4 days, 3 preschools. We might sound crazy and have gotten some criticism but since Jack is already familiar with two of the schools and talks regularly about how he misses them we think he is more then ready for school after a long summer break.
And like I said the school we are adding on Jack is one he has visited often on our walks and is eager to join the kids he regularly sees.
We will we still have our part time babysitter who we all love and are lucky to have family in the area who have provided countless hours of free babysitting as well.
It's tricky when you don't need a full 40 hrs a week of day care how to make school schedule work for your child but we are excited for this next phase in our lives and are lucky to have a bright boy who is so ready for school.
My 3 yr old is super sweet but is challenging. I think we will all thrive with him being in part time school including finally being done with potty training! And no more sleeping in for us! Now if we can only get to bed earlier...on that note forgive me for the quality of this post, its late. And hopefully I'll update soon! (I need to learn more about iPhone blogger-hence random pictures...)

Ps. Laura and Eloise have started school too! So proud of them, we are going down Friday to visit them in Williamsburg!

No comments:

Post a Comment