Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Returning to the blogging world!

Last fall I attempted to start blogging, for a reason or two I did not continue. Now I am hoping to begin again and be successful!
So much has changed since last fall! Mainly, our main man Jack. Who is that baby in the below post laying still on the changing table? Of course it is my sweet baby Jack at 11 weeks. At the end of this week Jack turns 10 months old!
What are some of his current tricks?
Flipping over as soon as possible when he is laid down on his back.
Yes, he has been rolling over since he was three or four months old, yikes I can't remember, case and point why I should probably blog! He can almost do it all now, he is very close to walking!
But the two moments when you need him on his back are when you are changing his diaper & putting him to bed. The diaper changing table flip, I am pretty skillful at controlling.
The putting him to bed in the crib back flip is the challenge.
Literally as I have been attempting to blog Jack has woken up twice and flipped over.
Yes, Jack almost 10 months old does not sleep through the night. Another thing I missed blogging about is how he did not have a set bed time for a long time, now he does but now it is being disrupted by the back flip!
No, he doesn't really do a back flip. What happens is, as soon as you lay him down on his back he flips over to his front on to his hands and knees and is pulling himself to standing in record time. Then stands and sticks his arms out to be picked up...
He just woke up a third time. Luckily Gabe is home now and jumped up to sooth him back to sleep, which with luck usually isn't hard, but sometimes it is.
Ahh for the fourth time he is crying, this is not how I wanted this post to turn out! I love my little boy, he has been asleep since 9pm (his bedtime, tonight he went down so easily it was a miracle/too good to be true) now its been three hours and maybe he is hungry, maybe he senses dad is home, maybe he wants to play, probably all of the above. Ahh again Gabe got him back to sleep quickly.

Gabe's works for a 24 hr news channel and his schedule is not traditional. He works Fridays, Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues and is off every Wednesday and Thursday which has been dubbed the "La Monica weekend". So your Friday is our Monday, and so on. Tonight is Monday, therefore its our Thursday, woohoo one more day closer to our Friday(Tuesday)! He usually works 2pm-10pm. How I wish he worked 9-5, but I do appreciate the perks, we sleep in, we have breakfast/brunch/lunch together (almost) everyday, he spends way less time commuting, which is great because we live in Virginia not D.C. AND our Wednesdays and Thursdays are much better then yours!!!
There is a downside, its nearly impossible to do traditional weekend activities together, and we stay up late! He doesn't get home til around 10:30, we like to hang out, we just watched The Office from last week, and now I am up way too late blogging.

I didn't know where to start but I wanted to start blogging again and these are the results! I am new to blogging so hopefully I can only improve from here! I am using this blog as a journal, so please don't be critical, ignore the run on sentences and try to enjoy!

I saved the best for last! Here is the cutie, exploring the house, the front living room, which of course is one of the two rooms in the house we don't use often.





No comments:

Post a Comment