Thursday, June 3, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

After returning from four days at the beach without Gabe, Jack and Gabe got to spend the day together without me because I had training for work.
It was day three of sick baby Jack.
I wasn't worried because Gabe takes the best care of Jack.

I didn't get all the details of the day or was I able to take pictures but this is what it looked like when I left early this morning:
Jack slept alright last night in the beginning but woke up with a fever and slept much better once he joined us in bed.
Usually Dad is all about doing fun things with Jack on his days off like going to National Monuments and baseball games:
Dad is also good at making sure that paci is always in.

Today, Gabe took Jack to Babies R Us and the doctor.

When I asked Gabe tonight if we needed to give Jack a bath he said it was already done.
Gabe has been a pro at giving Jack the best baths every since his first one:



He comes out the cleanest after Dad's baths!

Gabe has many great skills as a Dad.
For the longest time I had the hardest time putting Jack to bed because I could never swaddle well. Gabe mastered this skill mere hours after Jack was born:
(He also mastered teaching Jack how to sleep to longer in the morning, the key, joining us in bed)
I wish I could take credit for this swaddled, sleeping baby in the bassinet, again all Gabe.
Jack asleep in Trinidad thanks to Gabe.
Jack out grew swaddling a few months ago and I learned the skills to put Jack to bed successfully. It can still be a challenge though and I look forward to the nights Gabe is home to put Jack to sleep.

From an early age Gabe has been teaching Jack how to cheer for the local sports teams:

Gabe loves D.C. sports.
He likes to cook too and had dinner waiting for me when I got home from my all day training!
He likes to read more then watch tv:

However, after dinner Gabe found one of his favorite movies on tv:



He played with Jack, watched the movie, and let me take a nap!

In a few weeks Father's day will come and Gabe will most likely be working a 12-13 hour day. Everyday Gabe is father, today he got to have a Father-Son day.



2 comments: