Tuesday, June 8, 2010

NPR

National Public Radio

I grew up listening to NPR and I try to listen to it whenever I'm in the car. I've always been a radio person in the car. I have an ipod touch but almost everyday I surrender it to my loving husband because he enjoys it more and his ipod broke.
Sometimes NPR can be dry and I enjoy quickly being able to change the station to another one of my preset stations. While driving I much rather flip between my preset stations then mess with my ipod.
Most of the time I find NPR very interesting, they have some great shows:
To name a few. The car show is great and they also have an excellent question and answer show about pets!

NPR reviews great music and really helps me broaden my choice of music. Through NPR I have been introduced to some artists I would have never known about.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=15404033

I am ashamed to admit that I don't watch our meal ticket/the news channel Gabe works for very often, I usually just watch it when I'm at the gym. We get the Washington Post daily, but with a very active 10 month old baby who loves to rip the paper out of my hands I barely get to read it.

When I am stuck in the horrible traffic of the DC area I often find listening to people on the radio more entertaining then music laced with endless commercials.

If you live in the DC area, its 88.5 FM, give it a try!

www.npr.org




No comments:

Post a Comment