Thursday, September 16, 2010

This never happens anymore


One year and 12 hours ago this picture was taken, 11:46 am (Iphoto was able to inform me of the photo details).
Jack was no where close to sleeping through the night. He is in bed with us after his morning meals (yes, by this time of the day he probably had eaten at least 2 or 3 times.)
Gabe was always a big help, he was really the only one who was able to get him to sleep at night in his bassinet. However, I was the sole provider of food, no bottles/formula for this guy. Gabe pitched in by doing the transporting of the babe from the bassinet to the bed. By morning to ensure more sleep for us parents, he was in bed with us.

Recently I've been REALLY cranky in the morning. Poor Gabe has to deal. Bottom line, I miss sleeping in.
Why am I still up at this time of night?

I get delirious when I think of Jack's wake up times, it is bliss when he sleeps until 9am. It is rare if he sleeps that late. It is rare if he sleeps until 8:30. Sometimes he wakes up at 6:30. Every morning is a surprise! I know my morning schedule could be a lot worse. I don't have to be at work until 9:30 and its only a 15 minute commute.
The news channel doesn't require Gabe to be in until later in the day.
We like to sleep in. (Because we go to bed too late.)

A week ago, it was Gabe's birthday, HAPPY BIRTHDAY GABE!
Jack's godfather Peter took Gabe out the night before. I took the opportunity to plop the 13 month old on the couch with his godfather in the morning while I got ready for work. Peter took these pics from his cool new phone.
This is his routine now, morning bottle:
I should wean him off bottles. He likes sippy cups, I think I need to wean myself off the comfort of bottles.
Jack has to be the cutest alarm clock out there. His morning bottle is our snooze button. We fetch him from his crib, change his diaper, grab the already poured bottle in the fridge and return to bed for a early morning snuggle.
As soon as the last drop is gone, ITS MORNING TIME!!!!
Jack is ready to play!
We are still trying to wake up while we proceed transporting him to his highchair.
Where he eats a whole banana all by himself almost every morning. Minus the pieces he throws on the floor.
Then we start our day!
Now the day is done, and I am up way too late, again, goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment