Sunday, August 29, 2010

The last weekend without Gabe!

I am celebrating today!
This is the last Sunday and last weekend Gabe has to work 2pm-10pm at the newschannel!

This weekend the Hanrahan family came in town from Atlanta.
It was a short visit. They arrived Friday & left before we even woke up today.
I tried to spend as much time as possible with them. (Gabe was the unlucky one who had to work most of the time they were here.)
Luke even volunteered at the non-profit when I was working Saturday Morning. He took inventory of the baby equipment - thanks!
When I got off work, Jack, Luke, Grandma Teri and I walked to Panera for a lovely lunch.
Then at Luke's request we made a stop at the Clocktower thrift store, thrift stores are equivalent to candy stores for Luke.

Later in the day Colin & Luke took a tour of the University where Grandma Teri teaches.

For dinner we all met up at Gabe's Aunt Kathleen's house for her delicious home made pizzas. My eyes teared up with joy when I was driving over there because I realized this will be the last weekend family event I have to attend without Gabe!!!!

Gabe doesn't have to attend my family events without me. Mainly he can never make any family events because of his schedule. I am so happy this change is coming. We can spend more time with friends and family on what is everyones normal weekend!

We sort of knew the change was coming, we thought he would be off weekends some point during the mid-fall. Friday we were surprised to learn it that this will be his last working weekend!

"The La Monica weekend" aka Wednesday and Thursday will always hold great memories for us and we will miss the perks for sure.
Like visiting a vineyard outside of Charlottesville on a Wednesday and having the whole place to ourselves.

It took me a few days to wrap my head around the idea my wish for "normal" weekends had finally come true. I am bummed in general that the summer is coming to an end. I wish we could rewind and have summer weekends together.

Now, I almost can't contain my excitement for my future weekends with my husband. What a better way to start this new schedule then with FOOTBALL SEASON!
HOKIE FOOTBALL & REDSKINS!
This fall I will be taking Gabe to his first Hokie game ever! Which game is TBD...
We were planning on going to the Georgia Tech Thursday night game and coming back in time on Friday for Gabe to get to work at 2.
Now we get to be a normal road warrior family and deal with weekend traffic.

Jack really lived up his last Sunday with mom alone by shortening his two hour nap to thirty minutes.
He woke up when his Grandpa Jay pulled in the driveway.
Jay returned from a work trip to Pakistan last night, he had been missed.

What could be better then hanging out with one Grandpa?
Hanging out with two:

After at least 10 years in NYC my Dad moved to the same town as me shortly after Jack was born. He lives in the "city" part of our town; walking distance to many restaurants and a great park. We had a great dinner and a lot of fun outside this evening.

What will the La Monica family do next weekend...stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment