Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I am up too late reading and now blogging

Once again I find myself up way too late.
This time I am reading:
Ironic things about this book:
-This book is about the hurricane that hit Galveston, Texas almost 110 years ago to the day.
-I found this book the other week when I was in Ocean City, MD.
-I learned today this book was left behind by my father-in-law. He told me this book started his interested in hurricanes. He successfully produced media about Hurricane Katrina a few years after he read this book.
-This book was written in 1999 about the nation's deadliest natural disaster.
-Six year later, again almost to the day, Hurricane Katrina trumped Galveston.
-I am supposed to be sleeping right now, resting up for my long road trip with my mom and Jack to Ocracoke Island, NC. My Aunt Joanna and Uncle Mark were kind enough to invite us to join them in their rented beach house.
-Hurricane Earl is rearing his ugly head and we are rerouting our beach trip to Ocean City, MD. Where my grandparents-in-law are kind enough to let us stay in their beach house.
-Isaac's Storm is about the pioneer days of Meteorology.
-A hurricane during hurricane season, who would have predicted? Oh yeah, the weatherman.

No comments:

Post a Comment