Thursday, November 18, 2010

Check Engine Light

My beloved car has been acting a little funny recently...

The check engine light officially came on tonight. We are bringing it to the shop ASAP. Its almost time for an oil change but we still have about 500 miles to go. Oh well lets get the oil changed and that will fix it? Or will a much bigger problem be apparent?
My car isn't stylish, it is a 2000 Chrysler Cirrus, it recently hit 100,000. It was my Gammie's car. It's been with me through so much.
In 2004 when my grandma was no longer able to drive this car came down from Syracuse. My sister and I traded it back in forth for the first year. By the end of 2005 it was mine. It got me through college, it toted me back and forth on 81 to school and back. It can comfortably five people going to the beach. It is a full size sedan. It has a powerful V6 engine and a huge trunk. It was there during thick and thin during my relationship with Gabe. I drove it to work everyday during my pregnancy, it transported my first born child home from the hospital. It used to reek of smoke from my Gammie driving it in Syracuse with the windows up in the winter. Now it can reek of stinky diapers. My Gammie has been my guardian angel blessing the 70,000 miles I have put on the car during the past 5-6 years. Do I day dream of a nicer car? Yes. But will my next car having the blessing of my Gammie? Not in the same way. Please pray my car just needs a premature oil change. I know one day I'll drive a nicer car (well, I hope!) but sometimes I just wish this car could last forever.
(no, my car has never been to the Grand Canyon, nor have I, but you get the picture)

No comments:

Post a Comment