Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Winter battle part I

Now that I have been blessed with Jack for over a year I like to go back and look a pictures of him a year ago. Sometimes I don't feel like I remember who that little baby is.
Here he is 3 1/2 months old, lying still on the changing table, big blue eyes, and wearing a hat!
Fast forward to 15 1/2 months and he hates to wear hats!
I bought him this a few weeks ago as a preempted strike against the winter hat war of 2010-11.
This hat does stay on about 2 minutes longer then a hat with out a chin strap but he wins the hat battle quickly, he is smart boy-chin straps can't fool him!
Don't get me started on the mittens. He just gives me this sad look, with his big blue pleading eyes...
"Mama, you know I love my hands, I can do so much with them now. How can I do anything with these handcuffs on!"
Yes, with one look, I can basically read his mind, I am his mama.
And not to mention the fact that the mittens are hard to get on. Do they make gloves for 15 month olds? Those sound like they would be harder to get on!
Hoodies jackets sound like a brilliant idea--he hates hoods too.
We love going outside, will we be paralyzed by coldness and lose the winter war of 2010-11?
Will others criticize me all winter long about him wearing a hat and gloves?
Please no!
It's not even that cold outside yet, stay tuned as the hat battle endures. I have my next hat trick up my sleeve...

No comments:

Post a Comment