Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Birthday Eve

Tonight I let Jack stay up a little later then usual. I thought if I procastinated at bedtime he would be my little baby for a little longer. Tomorrow when he wakes up it will be his birthday and he will be turning one!

Why am I sad? Because I miss the days of him being so little.
I am blessed to have him in my life. I wish I could go back in time when all he wanted to do is be held all day long. I want to pull him out of bed right now and hold him. I don't want him to grow up. I am not ready. I am not ready for him to be one. I do not know how mothers ever send their children off to college.

I've always been excited daydreaming about his first birthday. Now it is here, and I want time to stop. I want to go back in time and relive that first year.

He has reached so many milestones so quickly.

Here is the first picture I have of Jack walking, he even started to walk a few days before this but I was more concerned for his safety during his first steps then snapping a picture.
He was still only 10 months old! I know I am blessed but its hard sometimes watching him grow up so fast. Nowadays I am chasing him all over to house. You know the game follow the leader? Jack's the leader I'm the follower. Occasionally its the other way around. I can get him to walk to his room when I need to change his diaper which is a plus because he is heavy to carry around!

Maybe the only milestone that Jack was slow to reach was his teeth! He almost has six now. Two on the bottom, two part way in on top, and he is cutting his next two top teeth.
9 months, the last days of his toothless grin:
10 months, first good shot of the first tooth:
At 8 months, he pulled himself up to stand:
He started to crawl a few days before this picture when he was still 7 months:
He started to sit up on his own a few days before this picture when he was still 5 months:
Baby Wade is only 2 1/2 months old!
When Jack was little he would smile all the time and still does but it took me forever to get it on camera! He is 2 months old in this picture:

Now I have regained my composure (I was crying when I started this post)
I am happy to celebrate Jack's first birthday tomorrow!!

2 comments:

  1. awwww Leah!!! Your post almost made me cry too! Goodness, I can't believe its already been a year! I still remember when I first got on facebook and saw your C-section pictures when he was born. Oh my.. time flies! Happy 1st Birthday to Little Jack tomorrow!!! Im sure he'll enjoy whatever it is you have planned for him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack's granddad is a Buddhist and believes in causality not random: Talk about being born in good circumstances. Jack did that. Ahoy Matey you reckon this must be earth. Nicely done. You well picked the tenderloin of environments to make your appearence.

    ReplyDelete