Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Meadowlark Botanical Gardens

Meadowlark Gardens as I call it is two miles from my mom's house. Throughout my life I drove by Meadowlark Gardens as I went back and forth from friends houses, or to work, etc. It is pretty just driving by it and riding over the rolling hills that used to make me slightly queasy when I rode in the back of my mom's station wagon.
Growing up, in an effort to get us out of the house on Thanksgiving my mom would have our Dad take us to Meadowlark Gardens. We fed the geese with the crusts of the bread that she had cut off to make the stuffing. These outings also gave my mom precious alone time at the house to finish Thanksgiving Dinner and clean up for the guests.
I have wonderful memories of running around Meadowlark Gardens with my twin sister being very excited to feed the geese. My dad is very creative and would make up stories to go with our adventures.
Last Thursday, Gabe had to go to work early on his usual day off. I packed up Jack, dropped Gabe off at the metro, picked up my mom and we took Jack to Meadowlark Gardens for the first time.
Even though you are not supposed to feed the animals Jack did manage to throw one cheerio into the water.
It attracted a few friends...


Jack checking out the animals
There are several paved walking trails perfect the stroller and admiring the scenery.
There is also a very cute kids area...
We saw several groups of kids at Meadowlark Gardens, Jack is always in awe of older kids and loves seeing them. He also says a lot of D sounds, Dada, Daddy, Doggie, and DIDS! (aka KIDS!) he screams with excitement!
A cute tea house, a fantasy world...
Jack digging in the sand...
We are looking forward to going again soon, who wants to join us?

No comments:

Post a Comment